What the flip happened? 2016 the best year ever.

Aghh, I have a feeling the next few months worth of posts might be slightly sentimental, pregnancy related and just generally me harping on about how I'm feeling all the time.
I promise I have no plans on turning into a Mummy blog and all my products will not be aimed at 'bebes' and 'smalls' from now on.

Last week my sister reminded me it's my birthday soon, how crazy is that! I hadn't even realised as the only thing I'm tracking is little Logan these days (we're 16+1, FOUR months, the second trimester).

So in Church this morning it came as quite a shock when I noticed in the newsletter that it's Ash Wednesday this coming week (same day as my birthday!) Now, this time last year I had already started my Lenten journey (there's that word again) which got me to thinking;

What the flip happened to the last 12 months?!


Oh yeah, THIS. ☺

I got baptised.
Probably the most intense and rewarding thing I'd done in my life up until that point. At the time, some of it was pretty scary and unknown but I always trusted that everything would be just fantastic.
We got married.
The next most intense and rewarding thing after my Baptism. Wow, what can I say about marriage? Well, we love it and that's all I have to say about that.

We made a baby.
I doubt that even if I lived a thousand years, I could find anything in this world that can compare to this one. It turns the whole world upside down, mixes it up and puts it back together in the right order.
Our tot isn't even born yet but I am so in love with him it makes me almost combust with tears and happiness. These little sandals are a gift my husband bought me for Christmas, it'll be a while before they get any use but I can imagine some little tootsies popping out, awww, I've gone again.



A lot of people said 2016 was the worst year ever, but I strongly disagree. What was your best year?





Comments