OMG we're pregnant (Well, I am)

(this post was originally written on 12/12/16)

So, I'm just gonna come right out and say it!
pregnancy announcement

 As I write now, it's waaaay before the time we can officially announce it to anyone. So this is a sort of therapeutic rambling for me. So far, only the lady at the Doctors and the lady who books the appointments for my physio know, plus obviously me, my husband and the cats.
Tomorrow I will be four weeks. The baby, which I have assumed for my own sanity is a boy (girls are just mean, right?) is the size of a poppy seed and so far he is knocking out some hormones that are having some interesting effects on my body.
I'm cautious to admit that yeah, we made a miracle happen in what seems such an easy and quick manner after we were married. With so many people much further ahead than us, and still no joy, I feel an added sense of thanks (and guilt).


Our baby has been a decade in the making. But this year I have been willing him into existence in many different ways. He is in my prayers every night and on Sundays in Church I light him a candle from time to time.
I tell people I'll be 'pregnant and barefoot by Christmas', I have no idea now where I heard this phrase but always found it so comforting. I ask God for him every chance I get and I always make sure any wishes I get, involve him (you know, like when you walk over two grids, see a couple of magpies, a rainbow, that sort of thing). We've been taking our vitamins, making sure we are both eating healthily and cutting out/down on the naughty things.

Most of all though, there has never been a doubt in my mind that things could go any other way.

poas addict

With that being said, I developed a small POAS (yeah that's a term, look it up) addiction over the 11 days it took from when I first got the feeling I was living a real life invasion of the body snatchers to the day we got those unmistakable crosses on the Clearblue Easys. The day after that I went out and got a digital and a further few others just to fifty-thousand-check and satisfy my now daily need to test my own piss!
These tests here are from the days leading up to and after our big fat positive, I'll be honest, that's probably not even half of the strips I used, but for some reason I just stopped throwing them away and kept lining them all up on my shelf like some sort of macabre experiment.

So yeah, FINALLY, we are pregnant!










Comments