I'm only happy when it rains

I'm super excited today because it's been raining and I'm a real rain bug. Also, I painted that frikkin duck gold about a month ago and I have been waiting for the perfect day to shoot it!
Yes, I am your common or garden pluviophile.
gold duck floating on waterThere's something nice, warm and fuzzy about being tucked up inside when it's rainy out that really gets me deep in the feels.

bumble bee on flower

Luckily for me, in the UK it rains quite a bit. Which means not only can I sit inside feeling all motivated and chilled and creative but I can get out and about with my camera and catch a couple of my photography obsessions; insects, flowers and raindrops.

what are these orange berries, raindrops

I love rain so much because it puts a whole different spin on our environment, totally covering everything in its wake, yet somehow amplifying the beauty. It adds a glossy coating and turns up the contrast, it helps to make mini rainbows, reflections and watering holes for bugs and critters and it feeds all our lovely plants, flowers and trees.


Next time it's raining, take a closer look around you and enjoy!







Comments