Day 38 Lean On Me

My apologies for my little leave of absence over the last couple of days. I got a phone call from my Dad on Wednesday afternoon and because I was in work my phone was on silent so I didn't see it until a few hours later, another reason I miss working for myself!
Anyhow, my Dad doesn't ring at work unless something's wrong as a rule, so I was a little apprehensive when I heard his voicemail asking me to get back to him. Turns out my Mum had been pretty ill the day before and collapsed, a slight miss diagnosis at the Doctors and a little while later she was in the hospital in a bad state.

This isn't a post about the NHS as heck, they're doing their best, right! I know the government has their eye on Pharmacy next so once all that kicks off, well, that's not my worry right now. (My dayjob is in Pharmacy, if you're a new reader).

Mum's got a pretty bad urinary infection which has gone into her blood so while she's good and smacked up now, yesterday she didn't even know where she was, how she got there or what the flip was going on. She was drifting in and out of sleep and on the whole, it was a bit of a scary time.
Today she seemed much better and I actually got to spend some quality time with my parents (albeit in an unconventional environment) on my dinner hour. We were mostly talking about the upcoming wedding (insert butterfly stomach here) and the finer details. I've been trying not to talk or even think about all that as I was sort of hoping we'd just turn up at Church one day when I was feeling into it, the Priest would quickly marry us and that would be the end of it, or the beginning I guess ♥

I have my parents wedding album as I was looking for some pictures for my Dad's 80th last year and didn't get round to giving it back (oops). I wanted to show you one of my two all time favourite photographs and it just so happens to be from their wedding day. The other fave of mine is an old one of my Grandad in the war, I'll see if I can dig it out some time.
While I was flicking through just now I found this little gem too, which I'm assuming was taken on their wedding day. I'd love to see what that wallpaper looks like in full colour, I'll have to ask next time I see them.
I'm imagining a bright white with strong green leaves, which funnily enough has come back around again and is bang on trend! Incidentally, that mirror in the background has been passed on to us & now lives in our hallway.

And here it is, beautiful right? This picture makes me so happy every time I see it.

So yeah, the last couple of days have been a bit whirly but it's all straightening out now. It's made me say out loud a few things that I've never wanted to admit to anyone before but I feel better now having said them and maybe things will work out in time.
Wow, that was a bit coded wasn't it? Yeah, I've said things IRL but for the internet, well, that's a whole other post!
My advice, tell someone the fear hiding behind your worst fear and both will become smaller and a little more conquerable.
And hey, go and visit your parents this weekend!



Rating ~ Good Sailors













Comments