Day 23, Cog or wheel? Wheel or cog? Forty Days Of Patience

Aghh, my week off is slowly drawing to a close and I'm getting that old familiar feeling. I'm pretty sure that come Monday evening all this will have been drilled out of me again and I'll go back to being the cog but I just want to vent this out so you're gonna hear it today I'm afraid!
Now, I actually have a pretty amazing day job, I love all my colleagues, it's really easy and it's close to home (4 minute commute!) but having this week off has reminded me that once upon a time I worked from home on my own projects, I was my own boss and I was the wheel and all the cogs.

Once you've had your eyes opened it's hard to get back to a 'normal' job and just be spinning someone else's wheels all day. Well why did I give all that up? I panicked, I lost faith in myself and I was spending far too much time thinking everyone I knew was expecting me to fail. So, that's just what I did.
gold foil notepad, stationery, home office, printsofheartThis week off has been amazing, it's not technically a week 'off' as I've been working solid on Prints Of Heart, actually, I say solid, I have indulged a bit snoozewise. The amount of new ideas I've had has warranted a new notepad and I've even been involved in a few creative collaborations!
I don't know what the answer is here (or even the question for that matter), but I have an impulse nagging away at me and it would be great if I could settle it.
The difference now however, is I have faith in myself and also faith that God has a plan and things will unfold in the right order soon enough. So, as usual I will wait for a sign and then smash it like a bull in a china shop.

While we're waiting, here's a few words from Paul, Romans 12:2


Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.



Rating ~ Don't feed the animals

Comments