Day twelve, Forty Days Of Patience (and other good stuff).

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. My last confession was never.

I've been bad again Lynn, to use another Patridge'ism. It was brought up in our classes a few weeks ago that most people think about confessing a sin as being something along the lines of murder; something really big like holding up a bank or a hit & run. I gotta say that's how I thought of it aswell.

Now, I'm not sure if it's for me to say, yeah I'm a big fat sinner, but today I did/said a couple of things that have been weighing on my mind.
Simple and stupid things that actually, I feel really bad about. First off, now before I start I think I should let you know a bit of background. My boyfriend makes a full English for us every Sunday. The last two we've missed as one he wasn't well and the other we were getting ready for the Cathedral visit. He was about to make it this morning when a few things happened and he had to raz out so he said that we'd just have a bacon butty instead as he had stuff to do later on.
I threw a small fit and he eventually agreed to make the breakfast as planned.

The second thing, (funnily enough again revolving around food), I made myself some salt & pepper bread toast for tea smothered in butter, mmmmm. Geoff as you know is back on track health wise and he was extremely interested in my small but delicious meal so set up camp next to me on the arm of the chair. I could see him inching unabashedly closer to my plate until he eventually had his head over it getting a good wiff of the toast. It was at that point I shouted at him to f**k off and I pushed him away off the chair.

I could have probably handled both situations a bit better. The fact that both things have been on my mind since they happened tells me I've done something wrong. Now, I know Geoff's already forgiven me as both him, Una and myself have just had a cracking game of hallway ping pong with headbumps all round. I'll apologise to the other man in my life when he gets home in a bit.

In brighter news today I managed to get this picture of Una pondering what life would be like on the outside. She came to the conclusion that she's blissfully happy where she is. I absolutely adore this shot, it's funny how God throws us little nuggets like this, don't you think? Whatever you've got going on there is always something beautiful to be found to brighten up your day, oh and don't forget those apologies/confessions.

PS. I've had wicked bad toothache today so I'm going to use that as an excuse for my short fuse!




Rating ~ Must try harder



Comments