Day Five, Forty days of patience (and other good stuff)


Today was rather a big day, although I've been trying not to think about it, so as to not make a big song and dance in my head, it was a big day.
You know I've said about converting, although that sounds pretty odd when I say it out loud, or at least in type. I'm not converting from say, Muslim to Catholic, so it seems sort of wrong to use that word, I see it as the sort of icing on the cake (at this point I'd like to announce I'm really drowsy as I'm on my way to bed so this may not even make any sense) salt and vinegar, Ant & Dec, gammon and pineapple, any of those things are great on their own but are much better together.
So yeah, I'm pretty much just getting iced, or finding my Dec. Make sense? I hope so.

The point is, today our group went to the Liverpool Cathedral, Christ The King, otherwise known as the Wigwam (although I couldn't quite see it, myself) to be welcomed by the Archbishop and to sign the Book of the Elect, which if I boil it down to the simplest of terms, was me saying yes I'm doing this, my boyfriend, who is my sponsor (and funnily enough noted down as my Godparent in the playbook, not sure how that will play out when we're married) saying yes, she can do this and one of our teachers saying yeah, they're right.

I did my nails, this is a big tell of mine. When something is important to me, I'll paint my nails, I may turn up otherwise looking like Worzel Gummidge, but if I've done my nails then you'll know you have my full attention. I'm happy to say the whole day was pretty good and I didn't really have to zone out any of my usual frustrations. Although we did have a  few moments driving through Liverpool City centre when the TomTom kept taking us up bus lanes and one way streets I can happily sum up the day Alan Partridge style.


Rating ~ Jurassic Park
  

Comments