Day eleven, Forty Days Of Patience (and other good stuff).

It's Saturday today, my day off I guess. Although when you sell online it's a 24/7 kinda gig. We took Geoffy for his checkup at the Vets in the morning and boy, this visit was a lot different to the last couple. He near took my face off trying to get him into the cat box, luckily I know his moves so I managed to get away with just a few scratches to the wrist. You'd be surprised at the strength of a 3.5kg cat, oooof!
So our Vet was pleased with his recovery but took more bloods to do a final level check to rule anything underlying out. We'll get the results Monday or Tuesday.


After the dayjob yesterday I was left feeling a little pensive, I guess death with do that to a gal. So I arranged to meet my big sis and great nephew round at my mum & dad's today. I'd been feeling a bit bad about writing off another January and half of February to the Valentine's madness in the shop. I don't know if you're here for the Forty Days series or you've come via my online channels but I have a Valentine's card that tends to get a little crazy and take over my life, same thing happened last year too, I just go AWOL for six weeks. I'm pretty pleased with myself for coping with a full time job this time round, so big woops to me, right! lol

So yeah, some family time was much needed this afternoon and I had an amazing time with my little great nephew. Now, he's my nephew's son so not only is he great because he's so super cool, but he's my great nephew in title too. It's a real pleasure having a little one around, he'll be four this year and it's just a joy to watch him developing his own little world. I could gush on but I'll only end up setting myself off on a downer and ain't nobody got time for that!

I'm still a little off kilter after what's happened which worries me somewhat. I gotta say I've been blessed with an immense bounce back mechanism which serves me pretty well the majority of the time, I'll generally have a bit of a wobble, and that's that, done and out. This one is a bit harder, death is such a weird catalyst don't you think? Such a dark time but it doesn't half shine the light on a few things that are possibly on their way out in your own life. I get itchy feet you see, and the last time I experienced this kind of scrutiny I lost my best friend and quit my job!
The first thing I regret deeply, I'm a terrible friend, always been a boyfriend kind of girl (boy version explanation here) but that's a whole other post. The latter was the best decision ever! So this is my worry, what impulse will I act on if this lingers longer than I can zone out. Our Priest says we shouldn't worry about anything and that's a tough call isn't it? I'll have to carry on rolling and pray for right track I suppose.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6



Rating ~ Think on



Comments