Day 17, Joy comes in the morning. Forty days of patience.

Hey guess what, I actually managed to get that early night last night. I was pretty much away as soon as my head hit the pillow, had to check Instagram first mind you.
I'm not sure if I woke up naturally or if it was Geoffy violently washing my hair to let me know his belly was empty, but it was just after 5. Way before our alarms even started going off.

joy comes in the morning printI have this thing about getting up super early, but sadly since we've moved into the new flat I haven't managed to do it. Maybe it's the heating or I'm just too comfortable there but to be honest, it's only when my boyfriend is leaving for work and he's practically lifting me out of bed that my eyes finally open.

Why do I adore getting up so early? Because Joy comes in the morning, I tell ya!. Now, I'm not 100% sure of when/where I first discovered this psalm but the line just blew me away. There's a few variations of it around with different wordings etc. but they're all the same when you boil it down. Although my interpretation is not the same as intended, it struck a chord with me

For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.


So I was lucky enough to have a few joyous moments throughout the day. The first, obviously was that inner happiness that only comes with a good night's sleep. As I was up first today I got to feed the kits their breakfast. They get SOOOO excited when it's 'feeding time' doing little dances, singing songs, hanging off our legs by the claws and just generally being gannets.


As you can see, Una is mid song whereas Geoff is trying his very best to zone himself out of the food excitement!
The dayjob went particularly well although there was a point were I was slightly fizzing with rage. First off, now remember here, I've been preparing for my holiday for two whole weeks, making sure that pretty much all that needs to be done is handle any day to day problems and a couple of random bits. Then my boss asked me to complete yet another job I would have done whilst I'm away.
Thing is, this task had pinged in my mind two weeks ago, I made provisions for it, planned for it and made sure there would be time to do it. So that really tipped me over. Lol, cripes, I was slamming around, tutting, rolling my eyes the LOT!

You know, I would hate to be my boss, I'm a bloody awful employee. So yeah, I feel bad about my reaction there but for the love of flip, that's the kind of thing that makes me want to throw in the towel, I mean come on, I do have a level you know, I am not a robot!
A little while later I got a nice little surprise and another surge of joy. I'd let slip about my birthday next week as a few times there was hoo-haa over who was having which weeks off. Now I'll take any week, but my birthday I like to burrow away and forget about it, nothing special and barely any recognition so I always take the week off and I won't swap! lol

Turns out there's been a card passed round, plus I got balloons (omg they're amazing) chocolates, cakes and there's even a gift arriving when I get back to work! I felt rather warm and glowy. I do love my colleagues so, the little secretive sods! ☺




Rating ~ Keep me burning





Comments