Day 15, I am burdened with glorious purpose. Forty Days Of Patience.

Well, I've had a bit of a mixed day today. I almost managed to finish my 'week in a day' challenge but I lost a bit of time here and there. On the whole I'm made up with what I accomplished though, woop, woop!
I've been enjoying a bit of a movie night tonight, started off with 'Precious' and now it's 'Avengers Assemble' I've seen them both before but I just need a bit of background noise while I tinker around.
Anyway, one of my fave all time characters, Loki just blew me away with this cheeky little line;
 'I am burdened with glorious purpose' 
I love this guy because he knows what he wants and he doesn't dick around, he's just the right kind of bad yet has that vulnerable side that makes the fangirls fall in love and buy his merchandise (ouch)!

But yeah, the burden of glorious purpose, what a meaningful choice of words. We generally use the word burden in a negative sense, for example 'I don't want to burden you'. However, it has a couple of meanings, one of which is the measure of anything being carried. Who wouldn't want to be burdened with a purpose of glory!


I'd like to think that I carried that glorious load today & blimmin well delivered it too. It's just a matter of getting your head in the right place.
The great thing about language is that the words we use, whilst as a basic function to get our message across, can be used in many ways and have various meanings. The situations we find ourselves in can also be interpreted in different ways; I could get myself really worked up knowing that the only way I will return from my holiday to a calm workplace, is to complete the work I would have done while I was off now. But it's far, far easier for me to just make it a challenge, smash it and save myself and everyone else the stress.
Now that's not me being a dick and thinking the work won't get done next week because everyone is slacking off, far from it. For some reason, luck, coincidence, divine intervention, stuff happens when I step away, it became a bit of a running joke for a while.
So next time you're presented with a heavy burden, try and make it glorious eh?

We also got Geoffy's blood results back. The Vet wasn't happy with his kidney function as it has deteriorated since the first time we brought him in. He's now on a new special food and we have to take him in again on Saturday with a urine sample (that's a fun catch) and for him to get more antibiotics. I won't dwell on this too much for now until we know more details, but if you can, please put him in your prayers.


Rating ~ Smashed it

Comments