Cats are good for the soul

How cool is it when you wake up in the morning and you have two sweet angels snoozing on top of you?
This fine Sunday morning I chose to have a little bit of a lie in. We didn't have to be at Church until half eleven so I set my alarm for 10.
Of course Geoff woke me at around 8 with his usual gusto but my boyfriend got up shortly after that and gave them their breakfast so I got the benefit of a full on snoozefest.
When my alarm finally went off I awoke with a sense of peace and happiness, had a little stretch and then realised the lower half of my body was numb. Had I had some weird seizure? No, two little snuggle kits were getting a bit of full belly rest on the cosiest place they know (me).


I am so lucky to know the love of a cat, better still two cats! When a cat is in love with you, you know it.
It's such an honour and for this I am truly thankful.
I think at this point I should mention that my broodiness is calling for more to add to our number. As you can see you can fit another one or even two (or three) there.

What better sight to wake up to than your happy snoozy cat, right?
So yeah, next time you think your internal organs have been irreparably damaged or that someone has cut off your legs in your sleep, take a minute to remind yourself just how lucky you are to be loved so much.
It's good for your soul, knowing that you have been chosen, as we know, cats can be a tad fussy and they don't give their love to any Tom, Dick or Harry like a dog would. Enjoy it, embrace it and give it back, even if it does make you walk with a limp for the rest of the day.


Comments